Ads

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tiny Dancer

People don't believe me when I say that fashion was actually not my first career choice.  It wasn't even my second choice. My mom taught me how to sew when I was a kid and I used to make my doll clothes. And then when I got a little older I started sewing my own clothes and I loved looking at pictures in magazines. It's always been a part of my life and something that I've always enjoyed but I never thought I would end up becoming a fashion designer or working in the field period.  No, I wanted to be a dancer. I used to do ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, hip hop and ethnic dance. I studied for a long time, belonged to a dance company and I was actually very good.  You wouldn't think so because I'm the biggest klutz in day to day life but when I danced, I was very graceful and controlled. Then I got injured. I was preparing for the biggest audition of my life, a part in A Chorus Line. I randomly ran into a psychic on the street and she told me I was going to get my big break very soon. The very next day I completely tore my achilles tendon in my dance class. I got my big break, literally. I was devastated because the doctor said I would never be able to dance professionally again.  I really do miss dancing and I wonder from time to time what life would have been like if I got to pursue that path. I think it's those feelings of nostalgia that inspired my outfit today. hahaha. But I'm very happy how things worked out and grateful for the things and people in my life. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

When fate steps in, don't question it, you never know where it will lead you.

xoxo,
Munkeh
Prima Ballerina
Skirt- my own design (buy here)
Sweater- Joie
Shoes- Vince Camuto
Necklace- Francesca's

I want these Chloe shoes!
available at Saks Fifth Ave

Me playing dress up at work....

Look how cute and how perfect those shoes are with my outfit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment