Ads

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Myth About Ostriches

Did you know that ostriches don't actually bury their heads in the sand? I just learned this fact and found it quite interesting. It only looks like they bury their heads in the sand because when they are not able to run from danger (they are very fast by the way), they flop to the ground and lay still. The color of their head blends in with the sand. I also learned that ostriches are farmed for their feathers and the feathers are collected during the molting season only and then the birds are released unharmed. That makes me feel better. You all know how much I love wearing feathers!

People have teased me about how I should have been a chicken because I love feathers so much,  but Brad Pitt said it best...Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. hahaha

xoxo,
Munkeh



T shirt- Marni
Ostrich Feather Skirt- Robert Rodriguez
Faux Leather Jacket- Primark
Shoes- Vince Camuto
Necklace- Forever 21




1 comment: