Ads

Monday, July 1, 2013

Trash or Treasure

My friend and I went to the Pickwick Vintage Show yesterday in Burbank.  It was a great event and a lot of vendors had some incredible pieces. It was definitely a treasure trove.  I saw a to die for vintage Chanel suit. The tweed jacket was in impeccable condition and the silk chiffon pleated skirt didn't even look like it had been worn.  It was such a Jackie O outfit and every part of my being wished I could have purchased it.  But it was $1200 and even though that is a really great price for Chanel, it's still just a tad out of my budget. Some vendors  had vintage Dior, Valentino, Gucci, and Missoni. There was a Lanvin necklace I would've sold my left hand for but decided against it haha. My friend scored 2 Dior Dresses for $200 which he had to barter for. I found the amazing skirt I'm wearing in my photos. I love it! It's unique and one of a kind and I may have to make a modern day version of it... After Pickwick we had lunch and then decided to go checkout the Melrose flea market because neither of us had been there for years. It really has changed. It's huge now but it's mostly just junk. There were maybe 2 booths that had authentic vintage clothes and everything else was the stuff you find in the downtown alleys but marked up 4x. They did however have vintage Star Wars toys and vintage magazine covers in beautiful frames, which in retrospect I wish I bought now.

That saying really is true though...one person's trash is another person's treasure.

xoxo,
Munkeh

This skirt is hand painted and each of the girls is wearing a different skirt.
You can't really tell in the photos but the skirts are sewn on and pop out.
Top- Better B
Shoes- Zara
Necklace- Ebay



No comments:

Post a Comment