Ads

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Are Those Real?!?

I used to think that spending $100 on a pair of shoes was a bit much but because I work in the fashion industry in Beverly Hills, I've seen women drop $4000 on one pair of shoes. Now, $100 is chump change haha.  But it's crazy the lengths that some women will go just for a pair of shoes.  My friend tells me all the time that she would sell me for her dream pair of Alaia booties.  Whenever we have sales, especially on Black Friday or the day after Christmas, women line up around the block starting at 6:00 am, the store opens at 8:00am btw, some of them have even camped out the night before. I've seen grown women get into fights. Two years ago, one woman was arrested for hitting another one over the head with a Louboutin stiletto, and the one that got hit was rushed to the ER for stitches and a possible concussion. I watched several women hoard as many shoes as they can and then try to sell them to other women for double the price while they were still in the store.  Don't get me wrong. I love shoes and clothes. But I still can't wrap my head around spending my rent on them and that's with my discount applied on the sale price. That's why I was thrilled when I found these Valentino Rock Stud look-a-likes on Shoedazzle. They were $40. Each time I've worn them, I've received death stares from the jealous ones who think I just dropped $995 on the real things or admiration from the ones who also think they are the real things. I also have a skirt has a very similar print to Dolce and Gabbana's current spring/summer collection and I've received the same kinds of reactions.  It's all about status isn't it. Some people just get so wrapped up in the label that they lose all sense of logic.  I'm proud of my bargain shopping skills. Hey, I rock sunglasses from the 99cent store and I love those things. I've said this before,  it's not the clothes that make you look great, it's your confidence.

Be proud of what you have and who you are! 

xoxo,
Munkeh

I'm having way too much fun with the new photo technique I learned!
Overalls- Zara
Blouse- by me
Necklace- Forever 21
Shoes- Shoedazzle
Dress and Jacket- Forever 21
Necklace- Charming Charlie
Shoes- Shoedazzle

These are the beautiful Valentino shoes that inspired my shoes.
These are $900, mine were $40

Outfit inspired by Sophia Loren. I feel like I should be in the Italian Riviera.
Blouse- Forever 21
Dolce and Gabbana look-a-like Skirt- Debenhams
Shoes- Asos

The real Dolce and Gabbana skirt.
This one is $1675, mine was $50


No comments:

Post a Comment