Ads

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cheap and Chic

Good morning! I woke up to a beautiful sunny day in California.  I love this weather! It  instantly puts me in a really great mood, and it means I get to wear my cute summer clothes :) I had an interesting day yesterday. I seriously felt like I was going to jump out of my skin . Hopefully it  had something to do with the impending news I've been waiting for but most likely it's just my impatience. Arghhh. It was slow at work which didn't help my restlessness at all because I desperately needed something to focus on.  My boss was convinced that my anxiety meant that something good was coming  (I REALLY hope she's right haha) and told me I needed to buy lottery tickets and  focus all my energy into becoming a millionaire. Not that I wouldn't mind winning the lottery but all my positive energy is being directed towards the "news" but I figured, hey why not, so I bought 3 tickets for the powerball for which I believe the drawing is tonight. Since there wasn't much to do in the office, I wandered around the store lusting after the beautiful designer clothes I can't afford. My current obsessions are Giambattista Valli and Haider Ackerman.  Valli's current collection is everthing girly, feminine and classic. He mixes prints and textures and knows how to tailor clothes to fit a woman's body. He's one of the few couture designers left and his workmanship and attention to detail is impeccable. Ackerman's upcoming fall collection is the perfect mix of feminine and masculine. His tailoring is flawless. He also mixes prints and textures to create modern silouhettes which are also timeless. I took photos of all the pieces I wish were in my closet right now and daydreamed of winning the lottery.  But as I was walking around the store a few of my co-workers paid me some amazing compliments. A couple of  girls told me that I was one of the best dressed people at work and that I always looked fabulous. Oneof the people who work on the designer floor asked me who I was wearing and I told her it was all Forever 21 and she was shocked. She told me that I had a great talent for putting outfits together and that I make them look expensive. I felt great :). But there is a valuable lesson here.  You don't need to spend tons of money to have great style. And just because something is expensive doesn't make it fabulous.  Sometimes people get so wrapped up in the label and let their clothes wear them. What makes an outfit great is your own personality and confidence.

So today, go put on your favorite outfit and have fun, express yourself and let your confidence shine through! Have a stylishly fabulous day!

xoxo,
Munkeh

Everything I'm wearing costs less than $100
Faux leather moto jacket- Forever 21
Tank- Forever 21
Skirt- Forever 21
Shoes- Zara
Necklace- Ebay


My current obsessions and inspiration!!!

Giambatista Valli
I LOVE this gown! The print, mixing of texture, color are amazing! I would probably wear this during the day with some casual sandals, denim jacket and my straw cloche hat. Hey if I was spending $5000 on a dress I would need to get plenty of wear out of it. LOL


Giambattista Valli
The mixing of print and texture here is amazing!


Giambattista Valli
So Jackie O! All those crystals are sewn on by hand.


Giambattista Valli
Timeless and Classic. Sigh


Haider Ackerman
Brilliant, just brilliant. The scarf is tucked into the pocket of the pants.


Haider Ackerman
So chic!























No comments:

Post a Comment