Ads

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wonderland

I felt like Alice in Wonderland today. My journey through the looking glass began this morning with a meeting at work where I got to meet one of my favorite designers Tommaso Aquilano from the the brand Aquilano Rimondi. His new collection is partly inspired by the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. His pieces are exquisite and the details are amazing. Not to mention, he has a fantastic sense of humor and genuinely loves what he does. I decided that when I become a world renowned fashion designer, I want to live in the Italian Riviera for a while and look fabulous everyday like Sophia Loren. I'd drink the finest wine, showcase my collection during Fashion Week in Milan, go on romantic gondola rides in Venice with Chris and then repent all my sins at the Vatican in Rome...sigh. But for now, I'm enjoying life in Wonderland. I got some great news, not "the" news but great news none the less. I was invited to join an exclusive network of international fashion designers, buyers, and magazines. I was just reading about this group in the WWD. They carefully screen every new designer to ensure quality standards and ensure the integrity of the community.  They found my website and I am extremely flattered that they invited me to join. It can open up doors and possibilities that I can't even imagine.

I'll end this post with some of my favorite quotes from Alice in Wonderland....

“How puzzling all these changes are! I'm never sure what I'm going to be, from one minute to another.” 

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.""I don't much care where –""Then it doesn't matter which way you go.” 

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”


"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.” 


xoxo,
Munkeh

I was in a playful mood today so I mixed up my prints
Dress- Rochelle Carino
Shoes- Go Max
Sweater- Forever 21
Necklace- Forever 21
Tommaso Aquilano of Aquilano Rimondi.

"Queen of Hearts"
I love this dress.

Such a fun dress. Those boots are to die for!

Love this!

The heart on the back is too cute.

The picture doesn't do this stunning outfit justice.

Love this print.

No comments:

Post a Comment