Ads

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's All About Balance...

Life is all about balance...You take the good with the bad, you laugh and then you cry, you love and then you hate. That pretty much sums up my day. I had a flat tire because I drove over a nail. I was on the phone with my husband and he was telling me to call AAA to come change the tire to the spare and then to go buy a new tire after work which would cost around $75. Kinda sucks to spend that money but these things happen. But I really lucked out because I happened to be at a gas station that had its own mechanic. He overheard my ordeal came over and offered to patch the tire because nothing else was wrong with it. It cost me $10 and I was happy that I didn't have to spend the money on a new tire. Cut to 2 hours later......I just got home from work. I was crossing the street and my phone fell out of my bag. I couldn't get to it on time due to oncoming traffic and I watched helpless as my phone got run over. As soon as traffic cleared up, I ran out to get it and saw that the screen was completely cracked. The phone still works though which is a miracle. I called my husband to see if we had insurance on the phones and he said yes but I still might have to spend $70 on a new phone anyway. So, I saved the money on the tire but now I have to spend it on a new phone. All I could do was laugh. That theme was evident in my outfit choice as well. I have this really pretty pleated dress from Victoria's Secret. I balanced out the femininity with the masculinity of an army jacket.

So, I'm going to finish my healthy dinner which is a grilled chicken salad, and then go get some very unhealthy ice cream for dessert on my way home from getting my new phone. Hey, it's all about balance, right?

P.S. Actually everything ended up working out great. Just got back from Best Buy and not only did I not have to pay for the new phone, I ended up getting $50 back because the phones are on a special sale. Thanks universe! :)

xoxo,
Munkeh
Feminine and Masculine
Dress- Victoria's Secret
Belt- Ebay
Jacket- Alan
Necklace- Forever 21

I love the color of this dress. So girly. I was told I looked like a princess today. haha

1 comment: