Ads

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

LA Style Experience

I got to work with top celebrity stylist  Nicole Pollard today! She is the founder and CEO of La La Luxe a luxury lifestyle personal shopping and styling company.  I had an absolute blast and the women I got to meet were all fantastic. Nicole gave an inspiring speech at the luncheon and there's one phrase that has stuck with me. Live your life without fear. So true. We started the event at the Fig and Olive on Melrose for lunch and then each stylist had 2 people to take on a sponsored shopping spree by their company.  The 2 ladies I had were really nice and just really great people.  We went to Joes' Jeans, Dash and then Fred Segal's. Did I mention we were being driven around in a town car for the afternoon.  We felt so important. lol.  When Nicole asked me to do this she mentioned that we had to wear all black, kind of on the conservative side which is the "uniform" of an LA stylist. If you haven't guessed by now, that is the complete opposite of how I usually dress. But I had to add my own personal flair and I think I came up with an outfit that worked for the event.

Anyway, I've got something huge tomorrow and I must prepare for it.  I'm currently making a blouse to wear and I have to get all my presentation materials in order. I'm nervous and excited! If it all works out, it could be a very life changing thing.  I can't really say what it is just yet, but I will as soon as I can. Wish me luck! And Universe, if you are listening...please be on my side tomorrow! It was actually perfect timing to hear Nicole's speech today because everything she said applies. Fingers crossed! Alright, got to get back to work.

Remember everyone...live your life without fear!

xoxo,
Munkeh

My "uniform" Who says feathers can't be conservative! Also accessorized by my faux-nel bag and Marc Facobs glasses.
Blazer- Madison Marcus
Tank- Elizabeth & James
Pants-Forever 21
Necklace- Ebay
Shoes- Asos
Bag- Forever 21
Sunglasses- 99cent store


No comments:

Post a Comment